Pac West Trailer Company, Inc.
Open Employment Opportunity
Utility Trailer Service, Repair Technician, and Welder
At this time we are accepting applications for a Trailer Repair Technician, skilled at utility trailer service, repair, and welding. Please only qualified persons apply.
Position offers full time employees:
• Full time hourly pay
• 401K plan with company contribution, after introductory period.
• Vacation Pay, after introductory period.
Employee must be able to:
• Attend work on the schedule established by the employer.
• Follow all safe work practices.
• Move trucks and trailers in and out of shop for maintenance and repair by using a forklift or truck.
• Cleanup work area daily.
• Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and neatly.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Understand and apply professional service techniques; work quickly and skillfully with hands; complete services accurately and completely.
• Mechanical and/or trailer repair experience.
• At least two (2) years experience in trailer maintenance and repair and/or training.
• Must have 1-2 years of welding experience with MIG welding.
• Methods, materials, equipment and tools used in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Standard practices of utility trailer repair and maintenance.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
• Shop mathematics.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment: walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, climb, reach and twist; push, pull, lift and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Compensation based on skill level and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties consist of trailer repairs including but not limited to:
- Bumper to bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to trailer.
- Preventive maintenance inspections.
- Electrical trouble shooting, diagnosis and repair.
- Brake system repair and check.
- Axle bearing packs.
- Tire mounting and removal.
- Operation and care of forklift in a safe manner.
- Must be able to get qualified to properly operate a forklift.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Teamwork is essential.
- Diagnose, Isolate and repair lighting system such as shorts and open circuits.
- Change hoses, fittings, suspension parts, etc.
It is important that your application clearly indicate that you meet the minimum requirements for the position. Please include enough relevant training and experience to demonstrate that you possess the minimum requirements. Only applications that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
Only candidates that submit their cover letter and resume to facsimile number 916-487-2446 will be considered for this position. No phone calls please, we are a busy retail business and customers are our priority.
Please note: no submitted materials will be returned.
Potential candidates may pick up an application at:
Pac West Trailer Company, Inc.
4190 Roseville Road, North Highlands, California 95660
Please drop off resume in person or fax to 916-487-2446.
Only applicants that meet the requirements will be selected for an interview and will be contacted by telephone.
If called to an interview please bring photo identification, resume, and your welding equipment.